LL-L 'Administrativia' 2006.10.11 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Oct 11 16:41:24 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands at lowlands-l.net
Posting: lowlands at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 11 October 2006 * Volume 01

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

It is time for me to introduce to you the latest administrative team of Lowlands-L:

Sandy Fleming (England, Scotland) [sandy at fleimin.demon.co.uk]
Reinhard "Ron" Hahn (Australia, Germany, USA) [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Vladislav "Vlad" Lee (Russia, Japan) [obiterdictum at mail.ru]
Hendrik "Henry" Pijffers (Netherlands) [henry at saxnot.com]
Mathieu van Woerkom (Netherlands) [mathieuvw at gmail.com]
Elsie Zinsser (South Africa) [ezinsser at icon.co.za]

As most of you know, we are all old hands (Elsie possibly having the longest
tenure besides myself), except Vlad. Whilst being the new kid on the block,
relatively speaking, Vlad is by no means green. He came to us world-wise,
system-savvy and eager to please (and it helps that he's a cool dude and a barrel
of fun).

You may contact any of us with problems, questions and suggestions. Technical
matters are best discussed with Henry, Mathieu, Sandy and myself. (You could
write to one and copy the rest of us.) Also, it often happens that one of you is
not sure if a topic is suitable for the forum, and you may ask any of us for
advice on that.

If you feel linguistically limited, you may write to us in your languages,
including but not restricted to the following:

Sandy: English, French, Scots

Ron: Afrikaans, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, Frisian, German,
Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Low Saxon (Low German),
Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Yiddish

Vlad: Afrikaans, English, Japanese, Russian

Henry: Afrikaans, Dutch, English, German, Low Saxon (Low German)

Mathieu: Afrikaans, Dutch, English, German, Limburgish

Elsie: Afrikaans, Dutch, English, German, Low Saxon (Low German)

P.S.: The worst technical problems appear to be solved for now, but I suggest you
still copy me on your posting submissions until I tell you otherwise.