LL-L 'Anniversary' 2006.10.12 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Oct 12 17:34:49 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands at lowlands-l.net
Posting: lowlands at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 12 October 2006 * Volume 01

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Anniversary

Dear Lowlanders,

Thanks to collaboration between our Andrys, two of his relatives, our Henry and
myself, there is now a version of the wren story in "City Frisian" (Stadsfrys) of
Ljouwert/Leeuwarden at our anniversary site
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/), complete with a sound file:

http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/stadsfrys-liwwarders.php

You can find my overview of "City Frisian" (Stadsfrys) here:

http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/stadsfrys-info.php

>From this information you will gather that these types of language varieties
(which are Dutch on Frisian substrates) may well be considered Fryslân's
equivalents of Northern Germany's Missingsch (which are German varities on Low
Saxon substrates).

As you may notice, the anniversary presentation has been growing, but we sure
could do with more contributions within the core area of interest (though we
would welcome *any* type). This pertains to members' introductions
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/members.php) as well.

So, keep 'em coming, folks!

And why has it been so quiet here lately?  People are writing to me to find out
if they are still subscribed ...