LL-L "History" 2007.04.07 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 06:44:00 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  07 April 2007 - Volume 01

From: Arthur Jones <arthurobin2002 at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "History" 2007.04.06 (03) [E]

*From: Arthur A. Jones <arthur.jones at yahoo.com* **
*To: Lowlands-L "History" 2007.04.<*Subject: LL-L "History"[E]
Lieve Leeglanners,

John Welch schreev,

<A link with Brahma of the Indo-European tribes is seen in IE brih "
praise.expand" > <Tocharian bramn.kte "Brahma god",   Persian /Sanskrit
braman(i)ya "reverently",   <Russian / Polish /German bram "ship top-mast"
for admirals' and state flags,    OSwed <bram "state.pomp"    and OE breme.

*(quote)"bréman*; *part.* brémende; *p.* de; *pp.* ed; *v. a.* [bréme *
celebrated*] *To celebrate, solemnise, make famous, have in honour; *celebrare,
honorare:-Đćt hie đćt hálige gerýne bréman mǽgen *that they may celebrate
the holy mystery* [i.e. *the sacrament*], L. E. I, 4; Th. ii. 404, 27. Á
brémende *ever celebrating,* Exon. 13 a; Th. 24, 20; Cri. 387. We đec, hálig
Drihten, gebédum brémaţ *we celebrate thee, holy Lord, in our prayers,* Cd.
192; Th. 241, 17; Dan. 406: Menol. Fox 186; Men. 94. Bodiaţ and brémaţ
beorhtne geleáfan *preach and make famous bright belief,* Exon. 14 b; Th.
30, 21; Cri: 483. DER. ge-bréman."(end quote)
"Breman maegen" (in line 3 of quote) suggests the Persian magi priests,
"revered".  Perhaps the Saxons and Celts were generic brahmins as
"praisers". "Drihten" in line 5 sounds a bit suspicious, too.
John Welch

I can certainly respect John's work here, but I think there are a few small
details he has left out of his major thesis. For one thing, he did not
specify whether his Tocharian word "bramn.kte" was Tocharian A or B. One
came under heavy influence from Hindic teachers from further south; the
earlier version did not. Yet, the earlier version is the one that most
clearly reflects its origin as a "Centum" Indo-European tongue, as opposed
to a "Satem", or more eastern, Indo-European origin.

So we also must conclude that John's "...holy mystery [i.e., the
sacrament]..." must actually convey a meaning more like "...holy ---- [i.e.,
the excrement]. Then, too, his Bram- word free flow association progression
must refer to the German City-State of Bremen: Otherwise, we would never
have had a holy man called "Adam of Bremen".
Too, the Bremen shipbuilders (would a Bremer Bram have been redundant?)
would have called a steam boiler sailor shovelling coal down below, a "Bram
Stoker". This gives us a clear connection to Transylvania. And to the Silk
Road, where Tocharians sold their rugs and carpets under blessing, hence the
"Vlad Teppich". And that, then, returns us to Transylvania: because "Vlad
Tepec" was Dracula.

Finally, recent scrapings from inside the skulls of Uyghur mummies, who
perhaps spoke an early form of Tocharian, has revealed that their last words
were "bran". And not "bram". One can easily conclude that the Xinjiang
Europeans, with a culture almost identical to the Hallstatt Celts, died of
"bran". This suggests that their diet, preponderantly of whole-grain breads,
coupled with the small breathing space in their yurts, caused them to die of
flatulence poisoning. Oh, the excrement, the horror.

Will this pseudo-scientific rambling never cease?

Mit friendelikje groeten,

Arthur

ARTHUR A. JONES