LL-L "History" 2007.04.08 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 15:55:05 UTC 2007

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L  -  07 April 2007 - Volume 02

From: "Isaac M. Davis" <isaacmacdonalddavis at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "History" 2007.04.07 (01) [E]

Arthur Jones wrote:

I can certainly respect John's work here, but I think there are a few small
> details he has left out of his major thesis. For one thing, he did not
> specify whether his Tocharian word "bramn.kte" was Tocharian A or B. One
> came under heavy influence from Hindic teachers from further south; the
> earlier version did not. Yet, the earlier version is the one that most
> clearly reflects its origin as a "Centum" Indo-European tongue, as opposed
> to a "Satem", or more eastern, Indo-European origin.
>
> So we also must conclude that John's "...holy mystery [i.e., the
> sacrament]..." must actually convey a meaning more like "...holy ---- [i.e.,
> the excrement]. Then, too, his Bram- word free flow association progression
> must refer to the German City-State of Bremen: Otherwise, we would never
> have had a holy man called "Adam of Bremen".
> Too, the Bremen shipbuilders (would a Bremer Bram have been redundant?)
> would have called a steam boiler sailor shovelling coal down below, a "Bram
> Stoker". This gives us a clear connection to Transylvania. And to the Silk
> Road, where Tocharians sold their rugs and carpets under blessing, hence the
> "Vlad Teppich". And that, then, returns us to Transylvania: because "Vlad
> Tepec" was Dracula.
>
> Finally, recent scrapings from inside the skulls of Uyghur mummies, who
> perhaps spoke an early form of Tocharian, has revealed that their last words
> were "bran". And not "bram". One can easily conclude that the Xinjiang
> Europeans, with a culture almost identical to the Hallstatt Celts, died of
> "bran". This suggests that their diet, preponderantly of whole-grain breads,
> coupled with the small breathing space in their yurts, caused them to die of
> flatulence poisoning. Oh, the excrement, the horror.
>
> Will this pseudo-scientific rambling never cease?

haha. Well said, Arthur.

Isaac M. Davis

--

Westron wynd, when wilt thou blow
The smalle rain down can rain

----------

From: john welch <sjswelch at yahoo.com.au>
Subject: LL-L "History" [E]

Will this pseudo-scientific rambling never cease?
ARTHUR A. JONES
It soon will...
I referred to Tocharian "Brahma" to show that the name was known on the
steppes.Scythian interest in measuring time was mentioned:
 (quote):"The first principle or highest God was according to Mithraism
"Infinite Time"; this was called *Aion* or Saeculum, *Kronos* or Saturnus."

 "The founder of the Kingdom of Pontus was Mithradates I, son of Prince
Mithradates of Cius <http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03794a.htm> on the
Propontis, who was murdered <http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07441a.htm> 302
B. C.  The kings, Persian by descent, formed relations early with
Greece<http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06735a.htm>.."New
Advent.Cath.Encyc.
 "Mithradates VI (Mithradates Eupator) , c.131 BC-63 BC, ..extended his
empire until,  he held.. the Black Sea coast beyond the Caucasus."_ High
Beam Encyc.(end quotes).
 Persian influence thus was in  Crimea in the Scythian region. Evidently,
Brahmin gods were in the Caucasus at 1400 BCE with the Hurrian leadership.
Scythians were on the Danube from 450 BCE, which river is <Danu
river-goddess of Brahmins. 2000 years would give time for the Scythians to
have hilarious excrement jokes.
John Welch.