LL-L "Demographics" 2007.04.13 (09) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 00:18:49 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  13 April 2007 - Volume 09

From: Ed Alexander <edsells at cogeco.ca>
Subject: LL-L "Demographics" 2007.04.13 (07) [E]

At 03:44 PM 04/13/07 -0700, Jonny Meibohm wrote:

 Jimmy with pea-nuts? In the second half of the seventies I met some people
in Canada talking about similar things. I think young people today wouldn't
understand, as we didn't as German tourists in those days.

No, the one that also got involved in a war that was far away and didn't
even have the British on his side!

Thanks for flattering my age, though.

Ed Alexander

----------

From: "Ben J. Bloomgren" <Ben.Bloomgren at asu.edu>
Subject: LL-L "Demographics" 2007.04.12 (04) [E]

 Many people, more and more of them, deal with this, mostly without any
hitch.  After all, the rule is "Obey the laws of the country in which you
happen
to be."
This is a wee bit off topic, but it would apply if I were going to Belgium
or the Netherlands. I'll be traveling to Mexico in September to study at the
University of Sonora (Unisón). How do you recommend that I do research on a
country's laws and customs before departing?
Ben

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Demographics

Hi, Ben!

The law library at your university can no doubt help you with that.  Also,
there are English-language versions of basic foreign laws online.

Mexico:
http://www.mexicanlaws.com/

Netherlands:
http://www.llrx.com/features/dutch.htm
http://www.washlaw.edu/forint/europe/nether.html

Belgium:
http://www.llrx.com/features/belgian.htm
http://www.loc.gov/law/guide/belgium.html

There are many such resources for most countries.

I wish you the best for your stays abroad.