LL-L "Activities" 2007.08.10 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 22:48:02 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  10 August 2007 - Volume 04

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Activities

Dear Lowlanders,

Going by past experience, those of you that have been around need some
periodic reminding and prodding.  Apart from that, we have been joined by
several newcomers since the beginning of August, and they need to be put on
the same page as far as our special activities are concerned.

   - Anniversary Site
   lowlands-l.net/ anniversary/ <http://lowlands-l.net/%20anniversary>
   As of today, it has 222 translations and 111 audio files! It's always
   hungry for more translations. So please do your best as far as translating,
   recording and recruiting others are concerned. The Osnabrück Low Saxon
   versions now have audio files, and we have been joined by Joachim
   Kreimer-de Fries, who contributed them and the translations. Welcome,
   Joachim!
   - Travel Site
   lowlands-l.net/travels/
   This site is enjoying growing popularity, all of its articles, and
   people come back for more ... So let's not disappoint the poor things! Don't
   forget the travel language pages! Check out several more of our Tom's own
   photographs on his page about Edinburgh! (You can even see him, albeit far
   in the distance.)
   - Gallery
   lowlands-l.net/gallery/
   More and more people visit this site, too, and many return for more.
   'Nough said.
   - Song Contest
   lowlands-l.net/contest/
   The entry deadline is December 31. So snap to it, folks!

Purpose, scope and instructions are outlined for each of these sites. Please
ask (preferably in a posting to the List) if you need anything explained. If
you're really shy ... alright, write to me personally.

Thanks, Lowlanders!  You'll just have to put up with me periodically
lighting some fire under your little backsides.

Reinhard/Ron

P.S.: If you are new to the List or need a refresher (and certain people
do), please check out our rules and guidelines:
lowlands-l.net/rules.php <http://www.lowlands-l.net/rules.php>