LL-L "Songs" 2007.12.01 (02) [E/F]

Sat Dec 1 19:26:47 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  01 December 2007 - Volume 02

From: Andrys Onsman <Andrys.Onsman at calt.monash.edu.au>
Subject: LL-L "Songs" 2007.11.30 (04) [E/F]

From: Andrys Onsman
Subject: Songs

Hey Ingmar,

great! Played it immediately and it all fits beautifully.

I'd say the line
> Do allinne, do kinst har fine.
translates as
It's only you who can find her.

And "in hiel lyts triuwke" is such a clever line. In Dutch you'd say "een
liefkozing" which sort of means a caress but in English it sounds better to
say a little push, as in an encouragement.

Not sure what the neighbours thought but I loved it. Tige tank!
Andrys

----------

From: Diederik Masure <didimasure at hotmail.com>

 any way we also might get able to listen to it?:)

died

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>

I looked up a few words I couldn't translate without a Frisian dictionary,
that were left out in the English translation of Hee Sjoerd.

immen dy't dy stipet = someone who supports you
in lyts triuwke = a small hug/carress

Ingmar