LL-L 'Grammar' 2007.02.02 (06) [E]

Sat Feb 3 00:44:36 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L - 02 February 2007 - Volume 06

From: "Mathias Rösel" <Mathias.Roesel at t-online.de>
Subject: LL-L 'Grammar' 2007.02.02 (02) [E]

 From: Paul Finlow-Bates <wolf_thunder51 at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L 'Orthography' 2007.02.01 (03) [E]

What??!!!??
A quarter of my old declension tables are becoming obsolete????

Paul Finlow-Bates

Nope, don't be afraid. There still is a way to use genitive case in standard
high German. Even subjunctive is still alive.
--
Mathias

----------

From: "Ben J. Bloomgren" <Ben.Bloomgren at asu.edu>
Subject: LL-L 'Grammar' 2007.02.02 (04) [E]

 Gabriele and all,

Yes, this is definitely Hessian. My grandmother, from Marburg, used this
construction a lot. She would, for example, hold up a book and ask, "Ist das
dir?"
Where is the Hessian area? The little Hessian I've heard sounds very close
to "Standard German". Where is the area(s) whose dialect(s) are closest to
Hochdeutsch?
Ben