LL-L "Etymology" 2007.07.03 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 16:42:24 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  03 July 2007 - Volume 05

From: Mike Wintzer <k9mw at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language politics" 2007.06.30 (01) [E]

Moinmoin LLers
Ron you wrote:

 Mike, you still need to let me know whether or not it is all right with you
that selections of our exchanges be published by Eurolang.

Ron you have my green light

Kumpelmenten, *Mike Wintzer
*

----------

From: Mike Wintzer <k9mw at yahoo.com>

Here in Occitània when a child spoke patois it got a big panel around its
neck, and to get rid of ,it, had to catch the next "sinner".
More examples from my own schoolyears (1940s) in Mecklenburg (LS).
Greetings, Mike Wintzer
Helge and Mike, you still need to let me know whether or not it is all right
with you that selections of our exchanges be published by Eurolang.

RON, OK, MW

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Language politics

Thanks, Mike.

What do you mean by "patois"?  Surely you forgot the quotation marks.  I
take it you were referring to the Occitan language (a.k.a. Langue d'oc,
formerly often referred to as "Provençal," which is now a dialect group
within the language).

As for the permission part, I'm still waiting for a response from Helge,