LL-L "Etymology" 2007.07.29 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 17:39:08 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  29 July 2007 - Volume 01

From: Elsie Zinsser <ezinsser at icon.co.za>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2007.07.28 (03) [A/E]

Haai almal,

Vlad, I've looked all over last night to find the origin of my sot / female
pig connection and found not one single
etymological connection to substantiate it. Then this morning my daughter
said: Dis SOG, ma!

Yes, sot could be used figuratively as for road hog but then the fool
meaning is implied.

Sorry to have mislead you.

Elsie Zinsser