LL-L "Events" 2007.06.22 (01) [E/LS/German]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:53:25 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  22 June 2007 - Volume 01

From: Karl-Heinz Lorenz <Karl-Heinz.Lorenz at gmx.net>
Subject: LL-L "Events" 2007.06.21 (03) [E]

> From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Events
>
> Dear Lowlanders,
>
> Next week the Niederdeutsche Bühne im Theater Lübeck (Low Saxon Ensemble
> of
> Lübeck Theater) will begin performing a new play based on an old script,
> script printed in Lübeck in 1584, namely at the very end of the Hanseatic
> Trading League era, whose center Lübeck was:
> De Düdesche Schlömer
> by Johannes
> Stricker<http://www.niederdeutsche-buehne-luebeck.de/index.php?seid=66>
> Apparently, this is a Low Saxon ("Low German") variant of the
> Jedermannmystery play tradition.
>
> I hope some of you will be able to watch it, and I hope that eventually a
> recording will  be available.
>
> Please find the dates and times at the website:
> www.niederdeutsche-buehne-luebeck.de/index.php?seid=66
>
> Regards,
> Reinhard/Ron

The translation is "Der deutsche Schlemmer", "The German Glutton", isn't it?

Regards,
Karl-Heinz

----------

From: "list at marcusbuck.org" <list at marcusbuck.org>

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Events
>
> Dear Lowlanders,
>
> Next week the Niederdeutsche Bühne im Theater Lübeck (Low Saxon Ensemble
of
> Lübeck Theater) will begin performing a new play based on an old script, a
> script printed in Lübeck in 1584, namely at the very end of the Hanseatic
> Trading League era, whose center Lübeck was:
> De Düdesche Schlömer
> by Johannes
> Stricker<http://www.niederdeutsche-buehne-luebeck.de/index.php?seid=66>
> Apparently, this is a Low Saxon ("Low German") variant of the
> Jedermannmystery play tradition.
>
> I hope some of you will be able to watch it, and I hope that eventually a
> recording will  be available.
>
> Please find the dates and times at the website:
> www.niederdeutsche-buehne-luebeck.de/index.php?seid=66
>
> Regards,
> Reinhard/Ron

 From the press release:
> Aus dem umfangreichen Originaltext erarbeitete die NDB Lübeck eine
> eigene Spielfassung, Ziel der Arbeit ist eine lebendige
> Inszenierung, in der die Sprache Strickers sich dem heutigen
> Niederdeutsch annähert, ohne ihre kraftvolle Wirkung einzubüßen, und
> die auch denjenigen Zuschauern verständlich wird, die des
> Niederdeutschen nicht mächtig sind.

Süht ut, as wenn se en Spagat twischen Middelnedderdüütsch, modern
Plattdüütsch un ok noch Hoochdüütsch versöken wüllt. Wenn dat man nich
op de Been geiht... Dat müch ik geern mal hören, wat se dat henkriegen
doot.

Marcus Buck

----------

From: Wesley Parish <wes.parish at paradise.net.nz>

I wish I could go.  (Even flying, my arms would be too tired to finish
crossing the Tasman, let alone making it to Lübeck. ;)  I take it there'll
be
a DVD of the performance?  If so, I'll badger the bookshop and make sure I
get it.

Thanks

Wesley Parish

-----
Gaul is quartered into three halves.  Things which are
impossible are equal to each other.  Guerrilla
warfare means up to their monkey tricks.
Extracts from "Schoolboy Howlers" - the collective wisdom
of the foolish.
-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?