LL-L "Contacts" 2007.05.18 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Fri May 18 20:15:00 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  18 May 2007 - Volume 03

From: Elsie Zinsser <ezinsser at icon.co.za >
Subject: LL-L "Anniversary" 2007.05.18 (01) [E]

Hi all,

I think your suggestion is good, Ron.

Regards,

Elsie Zinsser

So what I propose then is that anyone open to this should do the following:

·         Send a message entitled " LL-L Contact" to:

o        sassisch at yahoo.com and/or

o        lowlands.list at gmail.com

·         Containing the following:

o        name

o        e-mail address

o        city, state, country

o        (telephone number and other information optional)

I'll then compile a list and periodically post it.  People that live in the
neighborhood of each other then have the option of contacting each other.
Those planning trips can contact those that live where they are going, and
they can meet or just give and get travel tips.

This way it's all limited to those that are open and willing.

Any other proposals or considerations?

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Contacts

Thanks, Elsie, also for putting yourself onto the emerging list.

I know for a fact that quite a few members live very close to each other,
for instance in the areas of Amsterdam, Antwerp, Cape Town, Chennai
(Madras), Chicago, Copenhagen, Edinburgh, Hamburg (Germany), Israel,
Istanbul, Karachi, Lahore, London (UK), Los Angeles, Maastricht, Melbourne,
Mumbai (Bombay), New York City, Perth (Australia), Pretoria, Rotterdam, San
Francisco Bay Area, São Paulo, Seattle, Sydney, Toronto, Vancouver (Canada)

As soon as I sent out Gary's and my exchange this morning, someone left the
List.  A coincidence?  In any case, let me make this abundantly clear:

   - Everyone is invited to participate, but no one is expected to do so.
   - Nobody's private information will ever be divulged nor will their
   privacy be compromised under any circumstance.
   - Those that want to be on the contact list agree to make their names,
   cities and e-mail addresses available, optionally also their telephone
   numbers -- but ...
      - e-mail addresses will only be readable among list members
      (while they are automatically masked in the archive);
      - I will remove the telephone numbers from the published lists
      (because they would not be masked in the archive), but I will
keep them on
      file, and registered members may request them from their owners
or from me
      or whoever is in charge at the time).

So stop shaking in your little boots!  Axes will have to be left at the hat
check in the foyer.

Reinhard/Ron

***

As of today, the countries of subscribers can be pinpointed as follows (but
please bear in mind that some members don't show up and others are, by
virtue of their email addresses, counted under countries, usually USA, in
which they don't reside):

  Country

 Subscribers

Australia