LL-L "Songs" 2007.05.26 (03) [E/S]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Sat May 26 22:02:51 UTC 2007

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L  -  23 May 2007 - Volume 03

From: Sandy Fleming <sandy at scotstext.org>
Subject: LL-L "Travel" 2007.05.25 (04) [E]

> From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Travel
>
> I quite agree, Elsie!  It's nice to be able to count on our Luc (well,
> one of our Lucs) for some occasional levity, especially now that he's
> quite enamored with Borat.
>
> But can he come up with a Lowlands anthem in true Borat style?*

Perhaps he could adapt the new Scottish national anthem:

Scotland second-greatest country in the world,
Entire country covered in sheep's purl.
Scotland home of sizzling deep-fried pizza,
Other countries have only warmed-up pizza.

Scotland home of Longniddry Cricket Team,
Play Sunday after kirk if any sunshine.
Much enjoy game but not know how to keep score,
Can beat any team in England but not in Pakistan.

Scotland, Scotland you very nice place,
Where haggis run on hillside and bite you in face.
Scotland friend of all except England,
They very strange people talk posh and eat eels.

Scotland woollen mills best in the world,
We invented cashmere and tartan kilt,
Men of Scotland all therefore transvestites,
Walk with tassle swinging proudly from sporran.

Scotland, Scotland you very nice place,
Where haggis run on hillside and bite you in face.
Come to Scotland and see what's under kilt,
>From junction with the testes down to sgian-dhu hilt.

(So, am I in exile or just banned from the list?  :)

Sandy Fleming
http://scptstext.org/

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Songs

Sandy, Sandy .... How can anyone top that? NOT!

> (So, am I in exile or just banned from the list?  :)

Oh, contrair, ma laddie! Yer tae-name an honour teetle is fer nou "Lawlans
Naitional Baird" (Lowlands National Bard), that's till a better ane comes
alang.

(Ye missed aitmeal an deep-fried Mars Bar, tho.)

The Kahuna coudna be mair pleased wi yer the nou. (He mootit, "Oh, Lairdy!
He got the speerit!" He's bylingar, mynd.) Nou ye've a speicial sittin bass
aside his ain an a spleet-new fragrant tae-name (
lowlands-l.net/treasures/kahuna.htm).

Folks, I hate to dash your fantasies and assumptions, but sgian-dhu ("black
knife") is the Gaelic name for the small knife a man wears on one sock when
he wears a kilt.

So -- on the more serious side -- shall we have a Lowlands Song contest?  If
so, what about the next anniversary (April 15 - May 15, 2008) as deadline?
This is for lyrics with or without tunes.  Tunes can be added later.

This is for serious versions.  Boratesque works are welcome separately, any
time.

So, congratulations, Sandy!

Kumpelmenten!