LL-L "Travel" 2007.05.28 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Mon May 28 20:45:48 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  28 May 2007 - Volume 03

From: "JRodenburg at aol.com" <JRodenburg at aol.com>
Subject: #3

Hello Ron,

Don't we get to vote on name for travel group? I voted for number #3. Was it
traveler?
If anyone is ever in Central Illinois, they are welcome. We have President
Lincoln museum now. Very cool.

My top midwest lowland travel destination would be Cole Camp Missouri during
their festival time. Regards, John

Viele Grüße aus Illinois
John Rodenburg
Rodenburg (Tarmstedt, Amt Rotenburg, Hannover)
Brunkhorst (Stemmen, Amt Rotenburg, Hannover)
Werner (Langen, Hesse-Darmstadt),
Steinke (Kreis Schlochau, Pommern)
Krause (Kreis Schlochau, Pommern)
Schröder (Warsow, Mecklenburg-Schwerin),
Meyer (Eitzendorf, Kreis Hoya, Hannover)
Hinkeldey (Wechold, Kreis Hoya, Hannover)
Zum Mallen (Schierholz, Kreis Hoya, Hannover)
Röhrdanz (Mecklenburg-Schwerin)

----------

From: Karl-Heinz Lorenz <Karl-Heinz.Lorenz at gmx.net>
Subject: LL-L "Travel" 2007.05.26 (01) [E]

> "Lowlands Navigation System"? Are you kidding me? ;-) Interesting to see
> our
> honorary Lowlander from the very highlands being stuck on the
> Waterkantaspect of the Lowlands. You'd better not let the lady under
> the
> Ulenflucht find out about that, kiddo!

No kidding! I thought this is a good idea: a navigation box to open and
inside the box you find a map that can be zoomed, other icons to open
photographs, videos,  etc.

So anyway, I vote for "Lowlands-L Travels", because I think this is the one
you prefer and I also want to apply for the song contest. I want to sing "La
Paloma" in LS, but I didn't find LS-lyrics of the song in the net so far.
Maybe you can help me, Ron?

Karl-Heinz

PS.: You remember Freddy Quinn? The "Junge von der Waterkant"? He too was
Austrian, allegedly with an Irish father, but this is not proven as far as I
know. He really got stuck on the 'Waterkant'. Again no kidding:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy_Quinn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boxa0OoPs2A

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Travel

Thanks, John.  Between "#3" in the subject line (instead of "LL-L Travel")
and squeezed between it and what turns out your long "signature," I had no
idea what you meant.

Number 3 was "Meanderings."  I've counted you as such retroactively.

Karl-Heinz, now I understand the thing with the box. It required an
explanatory footnote.

Your vote came in too late.  Anyway, vote for what you think I want, to suck
up re the song thing?! ¡No way, José! (or ¡Carlos Enrique!) Fortunately,
it's a moot point, since "Travels" won without you.  See below.

As for the song part, see under "Songs".

Lowlands-L* By-Ways: 1*
Lowlands-L* Journeys: 2*
Lowlands-L* Meanderings: **1**
*Lowlands-L* Navigator: *0*
*Lowlands-L* Pilot: *0
Lowlands-L* Places: 2*
Lowlands-L* Rambler: 1*
Lowlands-L* Ramblings: 1*
Lowlands-L* Roaming: 2*
Lowlands-L* Rover: *0
Lowlands-L* Travel Bug: **2*
Lowlands-L* Travels: 4*
Lowlands-L* Wanderings: 1*

P.S.: Sure I remember Freddy Quinn (born as Franz Eugen Helmut Manfred
Niedl-Petz in Niederfladnitz, Lower Austria -- seems Slavonic-derived)!
Until the late 1970s, his popularity was only slightly dented by controversy
and ridicule. Even North Germans loved him still after finding out about his
Austrian origin. (Oops! Haven't we heard that one before?) His public
opposition to the opposition to the Vietnam War did not help in the end, nor
did the tax evasion conviction. I think he pulled off the Boy from the
Waterkant shtick because he is a genuinely well traveled guy (also lived in
Antwerp and in the USA), could do the "accent," did a mean Mexican voice
break, and the like.
     But, Karl-Heinz, you don't have to justify anything. We'd love you even
if you were the first Austrian ever to encroach upon the Lowlands.