LL-L "Etymology" 2007.11.31 (03) [A/E]

Thu Nov 1 14:26:53 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  31 November 2007 - Volume 01

From: Jacqueline Bungenberg de Jong <Dutchmatters at comcast.net>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2007.10.31 (02) [E/]

Re Jonny's film script: Jonny it is brilliant, full of Lowland humor and
pratfalls. You should really try and sell it to Hollywood and of course it
should be spoken in Low Saxon. Thanks again for the belly laugh. Jacqueline

----------

From: wim <wkv at home.nl>

From wim verdoold

wkv at home.nl

Zwolle Netherlands,

Hi,
LoL, I m  not going to respond to the discussion about the word dwalen I
think..hehe

Wim Verdoold.

( van der dole = dole a place to hide  back in the fields, for the ones
guarding the harvest against wild life I m told, hence dolen as being far
from home?  So a dole is a dwelling place alright, a hut against the rain..)