LL-L "Language politics" 2007.11.09 (07) [E]

Fri Nov 9 22:27:56 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  09 November 2007 - Volume 07

From: jonny <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>
Subject: LL-L "Language politics" 2007.11.09 (01) [E]

 Bester Karl-Heinz!

You hit the nail right on its head, Alder!

The voice of reason from Southern Middle Europe.

Habe die Ehre!! (Grüaz' i?)
Jonny Meibohm

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Language politics

Jonny,

Weren't you the one that told us about all those misunderstandings (folk
etymologies due to false friends) leading to mistranslations in the creation
of German equivalents of Low Saxon names during Germanization of what is now
Northern Germany?

Kumpelmenten!

From: Mike Wintzer <k9mw at yahoo.com>

Jonni, Karl-Heinz, put water in the wine of my enthousism.
It would appear to me that all one would have to do is to
(Barmbeck, instead of the LS/HG bastard "Barmbek".for example)
"All one would have to do..." how long would that take?
Are there enough qualified volunteers to do that?
I say hurray to the fact that something is moving
at all.
Of course, if the authorities take this as an alibi,
not to implement the Eur. Charta any further, because
they have "done it" already, then this whole thing is a shot
in the foot for us.
What it boils down to is that it is too little too late.
Much too little much too late.
Sadly yours, Mike Wintzer