LL-L "Administrativia" 2007.10.01 (08) [E]

Mon Oct 1 22:10:35 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  01 October 2007 - Volume 08

From: "Ben J. Bloomgren" <ben.j.bloomgren at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Administrativia" 2007.10.01 (05) [E]

I am always particularly pleased to see people from non-"traditional"
countries and cultures joining us. As you know, we always have a core
contingent
Ron and all,

Being that I'm now studying abroad here in northwestern Mexico, I just
looked at the travels area. I sort of like the descriptions, but the thing
is, I'm blind, and I have a lot of things that don't come as pictures. I
have audio, and I'm looking to set up a podcast. I have a lot of experiences
to tell, and I'm wondering how to tell it using our site. I'm from the USA,
but from now till December, I'm in Hermosillo, Sonora Mexico
(air-mo-see-yo). How can I help our travels area out sans photos?
Ben

----------

From: R. F. Hahn < sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativia

Thanks, Ben.  I hope you're having loads of fun and useful experiences.

Normally, I'd say, "Just write as you usually do."  But if you want to make
it particularly relevant to blind people and give seeing people an idea of
what it's like to experience a new place without sight, I'd say you ought to
submit it in writing and also as a sound file (or as a series of sound
files, preferably mono to keep the sizes down).

Perhaps others have better ideas.

But do remember that there must be Lowlands relevance in all reports.

I wrote:

As you know, we always have a core contingent from Japan, and then there are
people from Belarus, Brazil, China, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia,
Israel, Italy, Korea, Malaysia, Moldova, Pakistan, Romania, Russia,
Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine and various Spanish-, Portuguese- and
Arabic-speaking countries. (Sorry if I forgot to mention any.)

Well, and I did forget at least one country: Iran.  !ببخشید