LL-L "Resources" 2007.10.19 (03) [E]

Fri Oct 19 17:13:08 UTC 2007

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L  -  19 October 2007 - Volume 01

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Dear Lowlanders,

Quite a few people have been joining us lately.  For their sake and for the
sake of those older hands with short memory, please allow me to remind you
of our current projects and the type of participation we invite.  Please
read the introduction for each of the sites to (re-)familiarize yourselves
with aims and scopes.

   - Anniversary (lowlands-l.net/anniversary/)
   our most popular presentation itching to be extended, polished, etc.,
   in time for our 13th anniversary in April and May 2008
   - write or invite others to write further translations or retold
      versions in any language variety (more than one for each variety
just fine)
      - contribute electronic sound files of narrations of written
      versions (more than one for each variety just fine)
      - check any pages (including language introductions) for errors,
      omissions, etc.
      - introduce yourself as a Lowlands-L member (
      lowlands-l.net/anniversary/members.php) in any language you
      wish, though an accompanying English version would be nice (and
someone can
      help you with that)

   - Gallery (lowlands-l.net/gallery/)
      - open your own room and exhibit your own works (art, research,
      music, poetry, short prose, etc.) in the Gallery, for which an
introduction
      and at least one work is required (written works in any language
you wish,
      though an accompanying English version would be nice, and
someone can help
      you with that)
      - add further works to your already existing rooms
      - translate other contributors' introductions and/or works into
      other languages

   - Travel (lowlands-l.net/travels/)
      - write Lowlands-related travel, place and culture information
      (in any language you wish, though an accompanying English
version would be
      nice, and someone can help you with that)
      - translate already posted articles
      - add versions to the phrase, vocabulary and number word lists (
      lowlands-l.net/travels/say.php) [Lots of people visit these
      pages.]
      - contribute pictures to already posted articles
      - write responses or additions to articles (short one as inserts
      and longer ones as linked articles)

   - Lowlands Song (lowlands-l.net/contest/)
      - singly or in teams write and submit lyrics and/or music (
      lowlands-l.net/contest/instructions.php)
      [So far we only received two songs and one performance. I'm sure
      we can do better than that. Deadline: 31 December 2007]

The Kahuna <http://lowlands-l.net/treasures/kahuna.htm> and I count on your
participation, folks.