LL-L "Games" 2008.04.18 (01) [E]

Fri Apr 18 15:03:28 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L  - 18 April 2008 - Volume 01
the html toggle at the bottom of the archived page.

From: Maria Elsie Zinsser <ezinsser at icon.co.za>
Subject: LL-L "Games" 2008.04.17 (04) [D/E]

Hi all,

Yes, Roger, I've sometimes heard about illegal cock fights in the southern
Johannesburg suburbs where I grew up. I've never been to any and my father
promised my brothers
"vyf van die beste" (a hiding) if he ever caught them going to one.

Nowadays we hear about the occasional theft of large dogs, notably
Boerboele, which are often used for illegal dogfights.

Regards,
Elsie

From: Tom Mc Rae <t.mcrae at uq.net.au>

I know wit happened in Britain at times and it still goes on here in
Australia despite heavypenalties if caught. Brought here by European
immigrants and enthusiastically accepted by our gambling community.