LL-L "Names" 2008.04.28 (05) [E]

Tue Apr 29 00:09:54 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L  - 28 April 2008 - Volume 05

From: Tom Carty <cartyweb at hotmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Names" 2008.04.28 (03) [E]

In Hiberno Englsih, the herb is basil, a soft "S", where the name is bazil a
hard "z"

Think of Basil Fawlty...

----------

From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>

> ... name: Bay-zil

Baziel was the subject of jokes told by Guido Depraetere on VTM TV for many
years.
Some of them are also on CD as wel as reproduced in comics books (I have 3
of them).
The language is Dutch with a strong coloration of West-Flemish of Bruges.
Best illustrated on the CDs, but I cannot find them momentarily.

I scanned the cover and one joke from one of the comics strip album:
http://www.euro-support.be/temp/baziel1.jpg
http://www.euro-support.be/temp/baziel2.jpg

Regards,
Roger