LL-L "Songs" 2008.01.04 (01) [E]

Fri Jan 4 15:30:57 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L  -  04 January 2008 - Volume 01

From: Pat Reynolds <pat at caerlas.demon.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2008.01.03 (02) [E]

In message
<57c981290801030854q77dbc6f7ua09d515920438767 at mail.gmail.com>,
Lowlands-L List <lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM> i.e. Reinhard/Ron  writes
>•" Derche Kontinente" (The Wild Rover)
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtjdduP1hBw
>Enjoy!

I did enjoy that!  I clicked on it, hoping it would be one of my
favourites songs, and it was.

I have a question ... those I sing it with shout "Get down of that
horse!" where these performers clap.  Is clapping usual?  Do others
shout?

Many thanks,

Pat
--
Pat Reynolds

It may look messy now ...
        ... but just you come back in 500 years time (T. Pratchett).

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Songs

Hi, Pat!

Apparently clapping or shouting or both simultaneously is quite common with
this song in Germany. From Australia I only know the clapping version:

"... no,  nay, never," clap-clap-clap-clap "no, nay, never, no more ..."