LL-L "Etymology" 2008.01.31 (05) [E]

Thu Jan 31 21:41:40 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L  -  30 January 2008 - Volume 05

From: Denis Dujardin <dujardin at pandora.be>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2008.01.31 (04) [E]

In Westflemish (Kortrijks) we have the same feature. One says "ne mannemins"
 ("a man-man" "ein Man-Mensch). The gender is masculin
But the female "een vro-mins" ( a women-man, ein Weib-mensch), the gender
here, is neuter.
The suprising thing is, that the female is objectivated as being "neuter".
Historical Sexism?  (:))

Denis Dujardin

Op 31-jan-08, om 19:35 heeft Lowlands-L List het volgende geschreven: