LL-L "Idiomatica" 2008.06.05 (04) [A/E]

Thu Jun 5 18:30:59 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L  - 05 June 2008 - Volume 04

From: Diederik Masure <didimasure at hotmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2008.06.05 (02) [A]

Isn't this formulation used in a lot more of the Germanic languages? In
Dutch (at least in my idiom) one can say "wat voor een", as in "wa veur 'nen
hongd is da?" what kind of dog is that? (alternatively "hoe een", "how a",
hoe 'nen hongd is da? although this one isn't accepted as correct)
In Scandinavia they say "hvad for nogen"/hvad for en (Danmark), hva for noen
(Eastern Norwegian), ka for nokke (Bergen) = kva for nokon (in Nynorsk)
Gr,
Diederik