LL-L "History" 2008.05.02 (06) [E]

Fri May 2 20:08:31 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 01 May 2008 - Volume 06

From: jonny <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>
Subject: LL-L "History" 2008.05.02 (03) [E]

 Beste Ron,

you asked about Herzogtum Sachsen-Lauenburg:

> Are we still talking about the true Saxony here, or the "hijacked" Saxony
we're still stuck with?

I recommend the German Wikipedia here:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herzogtum_Sachsen-Lauenburg

I'm never sure about these Earls with any "..of Saxony.." in their titles,
because it's hard to follow their genealogy to the real Saxon time, e.g. to
the point before christianization and Charlemagne. I think even the famous
Widukind was not an 'Herzog' by birth but, according to Continental Saxon
rules, by election, for a limited time and special reason.

> And, Jonny, I hope you don't mind that I have linked the English Wikipedia
article about Hadeln (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadeln) to your >
article.
You're welcomed!

Allerbest!