LL-L "Members' news" 2008.11.03 (04) [E]

Mon Nov 3 18:11:07 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 03 November 2008 - Volume 04

From: Rudi Vari <comflair at iafrica.com>
Subject: LL-L "Members' news" 2008.10.17 (04) [E/German]

Hallo Reinhard

I was just catching up with my email backlog, so this message is probably
late.

Reinhard, I am so sorry to hear about your ill health. I wish you all the
best and a speedy recovery. I know what you feel.

Kind regards
Rudi Vari

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Just back from 16 hours in a hospital emergency room, filled with numerous
tests and morphene refuge after several days' of a unbelievable pain in the
neck (and head) and completely sleepless nights (in Seattle). After two
incorrect ones, the correct diagnosis arrived less than one hour before the
visible tell-tale signs of an extreme form of shingles (*Herpes zoster,
gordelroos, Gördelroos', Gürtelrose, helvedesild, zona, culebrilla, cobrão,
cobreiro, półpasiec, опоясывающий лишай*, 帯状疱疹), the evil twin of
chickenpocks. Oh, the pain! Oh, the misery! Oh, the humanity!

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Members' news

Thanks you so much, Rudi, also those of you who have been inquiring via
private mail! It really means a lot to me.

I am making progress toward recovery. But truth be told: I still have a good
bit of residual pain, and in extreme cases like mine this may well continue
for weeks and even months. (It's not a skin issue but a deep muscle pain
that also causes headaches.) It goes on my nerves and still affects my
sleep. But it is getting better slowly.

Since it's the second time I had this and I know it runs rampant in the
Sorbian-descent branch of my family, I'll probably get vaccinated against it
(which is approved in the US). But I will have to wait until I'm perfectly
well, because some people get terribly sick from it if they do it too soon
after a bout.

Best wishes to all of you.

Reinhard/Ron

P.S.: All of you US Lowlanders, if you have not already done so, please make
sure you go out and vote by tomorrow evening!