LL-L "Names" 2008.09.11 (01) [D/E/LS]

Thu Sep 11 21:44:29 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 11 September 2008 - Volume 01

From: Wolfram Antepohl <wolfram at antepohl.se>
Subject: LL-L "Names" 2008.09.10 (03) [D/E/LS]

Once again thanks for lots of interesting information. I found two places
called "Entepoel" in the Netherlands, as well as onne Street by that name. I
could imagine that the Enddepoel/Entepoel families originated from those
places. I think the fact that there is at least one family called "van
Entepoel" further support this.The East-West matter is a little difficult.
Many of the -pohl/poel/pol names can be found further eastwards (in
Eastphalia, Mecklenburg, Pommerania, Prussia) but those are probably
migrated  lowlanders.

The name "Pohl" however can also indicate that the original bearer came from
Poland. This might cause a little confusion in areas such as the Ruhrgebiet
with many Polish immigrants during the last centuries melted into a
LL-population. I guess the same is true for the US

The Swanson-name was interesting ... Not a variant of old Norse Svensson?

Greetings

Wolfram