LL-L "Resources" 2008.09.26 (03) [E]

Fri Sep 26 17:47:05 UTC 2008

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L - 26 September 2008 - Volume 03

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Dear Lowlanders,

I am sending this separately because my last message on this topic was at
the tail end of a collective issue and apparently some people didn't scroll
down that far.

This is to remind you that we now have a new web page series:

*http://lowlands-l.net/resources/*

Let me point things out succinctly, because some people appear to have been
confused.

   - *What is the purpose?*
   To showcase Lowlands-L members' resources outside the List.
   - *Who can participate?*
   Any subscriber of Lowlands-L.
   - *What do you mean by "resources"?*
   Any web page as well as any printed or recorded publication.
   - *Resources about what?
   *About anything, really, as long as it is rated "family viewing." Of
   course, first priority is anything that is at least somewhat related to the
   subject focus of Lowlands-L. In fact, I would hope that those of you will
   participate that offer resources directly related to our focus. However, you
   are welcome to share *any *of your own resources, also resources of
   organizations of which you are members. Your fellow LL-L members, at the
   very least, would really like to learn more about the things you care about,
   and I think it would be good for us to show that we are a diverse group of
   people coming together. You may list your websites if they represent
   commercial ventures, but our own wording about them has to be toned down so
   as not to come across like advertising.
   - *Can I change or withdraw my entries once they have been posted?*
   Absolutely, anytime.
   - *What do I need to provide?*
   The URL (address) of your page and information about and pictures of your
   books, CDs, etc., if they are not on-line. If you have published works in
   other peoples' books, journals, etc., just send the bibliographic
   information. Also, please send a brief (one-paragraph) introduction to
   yourself (in any language), and it would be nice to have a photograph of
   you.
   - *Where do I send it?
   *To sassisch at yahoo.com under the subject heading "LL-L Resources".

In the meantime I have simplified the series so as to facilitate navigation.

Thank you in advance for your participation!