LL-L "Projects" 2009.04.03 (02) [E]

Fri Apr 3 21:23:46 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 03 April 2009 - Volume 02

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Projects

Please remember, Lowlanders, that our 14th anniversary month will begin on
April 15.

As I mentioned a couple of days ago (Administrativia), this is a
particularly good time for you to pay renewed attention to our Anniversary
project and to consider adding translations and sound files to it:

http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/

You can find the list of so far represented language varieties here:

http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/contents.php

The list is available in the following languages as well: Chinese
(traditional and simplified), Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese,
Spanish, Russian, and Malay-Indonesian.

Here are some basic things to remember:

   - Please send any translation and/or sound recording to me (
   sassisch at yahoo.com).
   - Preferred sound formats are MP3 and WAVE.
   Of course, Lowlands language varieties are top priority, but this is a
   celebration of language generally, so *any* language variety may be
   represented.
   - More than one version in any given language variety is more than
   welcome.
   - Top at my current personal wish list: Orcadian, Shetlandic, North
   Frisian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Slovenian, Croatian, Bosnian, Montenegrin,
   Basque.

 Thanks and regards,

Ron

Seattle, USA