LL-L "Intriduction" 2009.08.01 (04) [EN]

Sat Aug 1 16:44:32 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 31 July 2009 - Volume 04
lowlands at lowlands-l.net - http://lowlands-l.net/

From: "Dan Weiner" <dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net>
Subject: Introduction and speaking Dutch RE: LL-L "Grammar" 2009.08.01 (02)
[EN]

Goedemorgen, alle niuwe vriende.

My name is Dan Weiner and I'm writing from Florida, in the USA.
I first of all want to thank those on the list for discussing so much
interesting and thought-provoking material.  I've studied linguistics, and
though my interest is more in the realm   of speaking and using languages, I
find it enlightening.

I am a thirty-nine-year-old totally blind American whose field is languages
and translation.

I'm studying Dutch on my own and would desperately like to find people who
would be willing to practice by Skype or phone.  I'd be willing to practice
English or other languages I've studied in return, if you like. I say that
knowing that many people from the Netherlands I've met speak better English
than I do--smile.

Those who are interested can use my contact info as follows:

Email"
dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net

Skype:

Danw9703

Thank you for your indulgence.

Now, I'll sit back and enjoy the list contributions, writing if I have
something to say.

Cordially,

Dan W.

----------

From: R. F. Hahn
<sassisch at yahoo.com<http://uk.mc264.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=sassisch@yahoo.com>

Subject: Introduction

Hi, Dan!

Thanks for the intro, and welcome to Lowlands-L! It sure is nice to meet you
and to sense your enthusiasm.

I used to know a Rabbi Dan(iel) Weiner, but I suppose you are not him.

I hope a language partnership can be arranged for you and you will keep
enjoying your Dutch studies.

Take care!

Reinhard/Ron
Seattle, USA
(where temperatures have finally gone down to an ordinary summer level)