LL-L "Contacts" 2009.08.06 (01) [EN]

Thu Aug 6 14:22:11 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 06 August 2009 - Volume 01
lowlands at lowlands-l.net - http://lowlands-l.net/

From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
 Subject: LL-L (Food) Culture

 This is about the most popular *Belgian Fast Food:* Belgian Fries

1 - In Netherlands Limburg Chinese managers are taking over the business, as
to the "Belang van Limburg" today:
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/kleve/frit1.jpg
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/kleve/frit2.jpg
F*r*iet is becoming F*l*iet.

2 - We reported about a Belgian friet restaurant in Cape Town about a year
ago.
It is now for sale: http://www.frituurtje.co.za/
We visited it in December 2008.
It is situated in a nice area "Blaubergstrand", a heaven for surfers and
with a nice sight on Table Mountain,
but not very well positioned in a street parallel to the beach, one block
away from the beach,
difficult to find, and hardly visible from the main roads.
And btw there are a lot of affordable eateries over there.

Regards,
Roger