LL-L "Resources" 2009.08.22 (06) [EN-NDS]

Sun Aug 23 03:49:02 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 22 August 2009 - Volume 06
lowlands at lowlands-l.net - http://lowlands-l.net/

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Dear Lowlanders,

Once again a very kind non-subscriber, this time Niek Berendsen of
Groningen, has volunteered by providing a translation of our welcome and
subscription pages. Specifically, he translated them into Groningen Low
Saxon, the westernmost division of the Northern Low Saxon dialect group and
one of the dialect groups on Frisian substrata.

http://lowlands-l.net/gronnegs.php

Niek is a multi-lingual and multi-dialectical sort of fellow and might honor
us with a translation of the Wren fable into Hogelandsters, the Groningen
Low Saxon dialect of the Hoogeland ("High Land") of Groningen province, the
Netherlands. Among other things, this Low Saxon brother of ours knows
Westerwolds (another Groningen province dialect) as well Eastern Friesland (
*Oostfreesk*) Low Saxon (of Germany), and he understand other versions
of *Platduuts
*(*Plattdüütsch*, namely Low Saxon of Germany, and insists that I not adapt
my spelling to accommodate him. He is a true Lowlander ... which makes me
wonder what he's doing out there by himself when we are here to offer him
shelter ... ;-)

Kriggst 'n groten Dank in't Huus vun Seattle na Grönnen, leve Fründ Niek!

(I am assuming that Niek is male. My apologies if I am mistaken.)

Lowlanders, our online presence is definitely noted and even followed out
there in the "real" world. Yes, the Wren pages (
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/) are by far the most visited and several
educational institutions and various organizations link to them. However, *
all* of our presentations enjoy a healthy amount of attention. Everyday I
see that people from all over the world have accessed almost all of them.

So don't think your online efforts go unnoticed, Lowlanders! Keep at it! We
*are *making a difference, and you can be a part of it, no matter what your
background or education may be.

Seattle, USA