LL-L "Delectables" 2009.12.10 (03) [EN]

Fri Dec 11 07:15:08 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 10 December 2009 - Volume 03

From: Sandy Fleming <sandy at fleimin.demon.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2009.12.10 (02) [EN]

Scottish tattie scones are to me a simple dish made in a few minutes from
last night's leftover mashed potatoes. Make the potatoes into a ball and
roll it out thinly, sprinkling flou to stop it from sticking. Cut the circle
into quarters and dry fry on a griddle o rin a thick frying pan. Eat with
breakfast or by themselves spread with butter.

Sandy Fleming
Http://scotstext.org/ <http://scotstext.org/>

----------

From: Mike Morgan <mwmosaka at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2009.12.10 (01) [EN]

Ron,

Hi! And greetings from this silent member in Ethiopia!

Thanks for reminding me it is Hannukah ... and helping me with
tonight's menu plan (although the sour cream will have to be replaced
by yogurt, i guess). ... and yes, there WILL be apple sauce!

(PS been so busy here and now it is midterm time and time for first
projects to be due, so I am liable to be even busier in next couple
weeks!

BUT, I have picked out 2-3 of the students here who are excellent
story-tellers and will be asking them to sign The Wren in EthSL as
soon as well all get some free time. Maybe I can get that, and the
Indian SL version, all finished before we all get old and gray(er). )

mike || U C > || мика  || माईक || マイク || ሚካኤል
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++
          (( Michael W Morgan, PhD ))
      Assistant Professor in Linguistics
Ethiopian Sign Language & Deaf Studies Program
      Addis Ababa University (Ethiopia)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yo afaan wali galle malee, diina keenya il en manque.

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Delectables

Thanks, guys.

Good to know the Horn of Africa finally has, you Mike, and good news about
the Wren prospects!

Regards.

Reinhard/Ron
Seattle, USA