LL-L "Projects" 2009.02.10 (01) [Projects]

Tue Feb 10 18:58:04 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 10 February 2009 - Volume 01

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Projects

Dear Lowlanders,

Just now I added sound files to three translations in our Anniversary
presentation (http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/):

Northern Oldenburg Low Saxon
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/ollenborgsch.php

Saterland (East) Frisian
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/seeltersk.php

Wilhelmshaven Missingsch
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/missingsch-wilhelmshaven.php

All three narrations are Gerhard Willers' (
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/feature_gerd.php) and came to us via Alex
Kaul, his son-in-law, who might also produce a sound file for the Cologne
Ripuarian version (http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/ripoaresch-koelsch.php
).

Thanks, Gerd and Alex!

Folks, please don't forget about this project, our most popularly received
one! If you can't produce a translation and/or sound file yourselves (though
*everyone* should be able to retell this story, no-one speaks their language
exactly like someone else, and *all* language varieties are welcome, yes,
even more versions than one for each), please consider twisting other
people's arms. And when I say "language" and "variety" I do not only mean
spoken ones; I am including sign languages (with videos would be nice) as
well as languages that exist only in written form. Yes, if you are a dancer
and/or choreographer, by all means retell the story in video-taped
interpretive dance, or write and perform a piece of music for it with or
without words. If you are a teacher or theater person, produce and record an
acted version. Or, by all means, draw or paint it, as a cartoon series or
whatever. The possibilities seem endless because I mean "language" in the
widest possible sense.

If one of you is game, a series of pictures for the story would be great. We
could use then as the base for PowerPoint files with spelling and sound in
various Lowlands varieties that we could then convert to Flash clips.

Everything can be sent to my address and will be welcomed gratefully.

I have been sitting on a few people's projects for other presentations,
projects that demand more time. Please bear with me, folks. Lately I've been
flooded with "stuff" of all manner. The same applies to hitherto unanswered
personal messages. Please just remember that I appreciate it all.

Thanks and regards,