LL-L "Literature" 2009.02.25 (02) [E]

Wed Feb 25 15:23:19 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 25 February 2009 - Volume 02

From: Wesley Parish <wes.parish at paradise.net.nz>
Subject: LL-L "Language diversity" 2009.02.20 (01) [E/LS]

Well, Ron, after giving the matter a great deal of thought, I think these
two: "Such Savage Thirst"
http://masalai.free.fr/Such-Savage-Thirst.html
and "There wasn't any jobs:"
http://masalai.free.fr/no-jobs.html
are the ones most useful in the current economic climate - and besides, if
people do take up the challenge of turning the
http://masalai.free.fr/no-jobs.html one into a song or chant:

"Nota Bene: If any gifted singer, songwriter, band, etc, wants to make
political hay out of this poem, please feel free to do so - as long as you
remember who wrote it, and provide due acknowledgement and attribution."

it'll make my day!

Then I'll cackle deep inside my Evil Overlord's Overcoat (TM) ...

Wesley Parish
"
Such Savage Thirst

 - empty days filled with time,
 and its many empty deaths,
 so painfully slow;
 bloodred sunsets and all that jazz,
 hot norwesters and freezing rain ...

 while political speeches drag hindquarters
 like a dog to slow death,
 its backbone shattered;
 like the unemployed hours
 that suck blood from the heart of hope

 - the day differs from its sire
 only in its lame excuses -

 I am Unemployment:
 no teen devil of mediaeval night,
 no ancient Commie demon
 ever stalked your souls
 with such savage thirst,
 such diabolical delight

On Saturday 21 February 2009 04:33, Lowlands-L List wrote:
<snip>
> From: Wesley Parish <wes.parish at paradise.net.nz>
>
> Supject: LL-L "Language diversity" 2009.02.19 (05) [E]
>
> Let's see if anyone's interested in doing the same with any of my poems
> (mwahahaha [evil grin] ;):

http://masalai.free.fr/Such-Savage-Thirst.html
http://masalai.free.fr/no-jobs.html
<snip>
> Alternatively you may prefer to chew your legs off, a la the President of
> the
> Galactic Arts Nobbling Council when faced with Grunthos the Flatulent ...
> :)
>
> Wesley Parish
>
> On Friday 20 February 2009 07:43, Lowlands-L List wrote:
> <snip>
> > versions. So have a look, everybody is invited:
> >
> > http://www.dok.info/index.php?cat=nieuwsitems&nieuws_id=321
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Antero
> >
> > --
> > Antero Helasvuo
> > Luutnantinpolku 9 C 20
> > 00410 HELSINKI
> > FINLAND
> >
> > TEL +358 9 5872345
> > antero.helasvuo at welho.com
> >
> > ----------
> <snip>•
>
> ----------
>
> From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Language diversity
>
> Leve Hanne, ik heff dien Œversetten an Arjen wiederstüürt. Wääs' bedankt.
>
> Nice poems, Wes! Suggestion: pick one, and not the longest one. That way
> you may actually get responses, o Evil One.
>
> By the way, I'm intrigued by the "masalai" part in the URLs. In Tok Pisin
> it means something like 'monster' or 'bogeyman'
> (http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/tokpisin.php).
>
> Regards,
> Reinhard/Ron
<snip>

-----
Gaul is quartered into three halves.  Things which are
impossible are equal to each other.  Guerrilla
warfare means up to their monkey tricks.
Extracts from "Schoolboy Howlers" - the collective wisdom
of the foolish.
-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?