LL-L "Language programming" 2009.01.11 (02) [E]

Sun Jan 11 17:47:31 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 11 January 2009 - Volume 02

From: heatherrendall at tiscali.co.uk <heatherrendall at tiscali.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Language programming" 2009.01.10 (05) [E]

from heather rendall  heatherrendall at tiscali.co.uk

Marlou wrote

So you think humans can perceive abstract things in principle independently
of language, and language is dragged behind? So there is more reality in
things than in language? -- And a metaphor is just a projection of strange
(not necessarily abstract) things into the known world of objects, hm?

Isn't this precisely why we have poets?

Don't they ( and in many cases religious thought and experience) try to put
into words the indescribable so that we can know the unknowable which we
may perceive with our more sensitive antennae from time to time but so
fleetingly ( like the 4D cube) that it is sometimes easier to persuade
ourselves there was nothing there and it was all a trick of our imagination
- until we pick up a certain book or hear a certain poem or experience
something profound, and get shaken out of our complacency once again?

Heather