LL-L "Personalia" 2009.01.22 (02) [E/LS]

Sat Jan 24 00:53:16 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 23 January 2009 - Volume 02

From: Joachim Kreimer-de Fries <Kreimer at jpberlin.de>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2009.01.22 (02) [LS]

Schriifwiis (schriewen ... => ment spruoken ...):

ie => iä-/i-e-Tweyluut (Diphthong), nie nig Lank-i!

ii => Lank-iey => äi-/e-i-Tweyluut (vgl. eng. »rain«)

ai => ai-Tweyluut (anstiie van hd. schriewen »ei«)

Längte van Monophtongen: lange Eynluuter sind verduwwelt schriewen (aa, oo,
üü etc.),

            alle annern Eyn-Vokal-Sülwen sind kort!

g => is jümmers Riiweluut (frikativ), stimhaftig im Anluut [ ɣ ], stimlous
im Uutluut [ χ/x ] (»westfäelsk G«),

            Uutnaame: in »ng«, t. B. wi göngen

Am 22.01.2009 um 22:08 schraif Hannelore Hinz:

Leiw' Frünn',

arg is ok in uns' mäkelborgsch Platt begäng, [...]

Leywe Hannelore & alle,

dar mot ik dach auk es seggen: Hartlik welkuomen! auk im naamen van de
Westfäelsken up düsser Liiglands-Liste! Dat is heyl gout, dat wi hir auk mal
wat up Mäkelborgisk to liäsen kriiget.

Nich to vergieten:

Dat Branneborgiske un aule Berlinske Sasseske is teymlik van dat
(Oust-)Fäelske prieget wiesen, dat hadde sik auk na innet Mäkelborgske
uutwierkt, hew'k uut Agathe Laasch eäret dick Bouk üäwer »Das Berlinische«
läärt.

Ik hewwe darmet in uusem Plaat-Kring »De Burrkäwers« van Berlin to doun - de
Fründe prautet mehrsdeyls mäkelborgisk - ik danse dar as Osnafäelske en
bietken uut der Riige. Man dat schaaet uuse Küürigge nich. Of as uuse Lyra
1845 al segt hadde:

»Putzen un Kortswiile miötet 'r af un an driiwen weeren, harr jener Mann
wisse auck seggt, un harr siine Fruwwen met'r Meßfuarken kiddelt; man ganz
sau butt streiken wi den Baß dach nich, dat schall us nin Minske nauseggen
...«

Af un an maaket wi van de Berlinske Burrkäwers auk en uutflog un besöüket
annere Plaatkringen. Verleyden jaar sind wi bi dem kring van Großderschau
wiän. Of wi auk ens bet na Schwerin raaken of ümmekäärt? Un
de „Treckfiedel-Hanne" us wat vörspelt?

Eyneweg,

Goutgaun! van dem Fäelsken to Berlin,

joachim

--

Kreimer-de Fries

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Personalia

Folks,

I think I need to add a few explanatory words here.

Hanne (Hannelore Hinz a.k.a. "Treckfiedel-Hanne" = "Squeezebox Hanne") is
not only a friend of Marlou's and mine, but she has also been an honorary
member of Lowlands-L for a while.

Jürgen Hebold, a common friend of ours who lives in Schleswig-Holstein,
introduced her to me, and Hanne went all out creating the Mecklenburg Low
Saxon version of our Anniversary story (
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/mekelnborgsch.php). Her enthusiasm as well
as her interesting activities in the area of Low Saxon language, literature
and performance in Schwerin and in other parts of Northern Germany provoked
me to add a feature about her (
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/feature_hanne_en.php).

It was obvious that Hanne was fully supportive of what we do at Lowlands-L.
But she lacked the level of English proficiency to follow all that we do,
since for most of her adult life she lived in Eastern Germany where English
was not taught to everyone in the early days and people lived in isolation
from the rest of the world. This and her support prompted me to make her an
honorary member of Lowlands-L. She responded, typically enthusiastically, by
contributing a number of new works to our Gallery (
http://lowlands-l.net/gallery/hinz-en.php). She and I have also been working
on her own site (http://lowlands-l.net/hanne/).

Hanne made her "world debut" pretty much as soon as the Iron Curtain came
down. She is very thrilled to be in touch with likeminded people elsewhere.
To this end she has been investing a good deal of time and effort in
improving her initially less than rudimentary knowledge of English. In this,
too, she deserves applause and support. Meanwhile she has worked her way up
to a level at which she can generally follow what goes on in our English
language discussions. She has now joined us as a *bona fide* member. She
told me she goes through pretty much all discussions, is greatly impressed
and is learning from it. Our Marlou mentioned that she was proud of Hanne.
So am I. She is the epitome of a lifelong learner and of a creative spirit.
She hung on to this under a government that did not exactly encourage
education and creativity beyond one's need to function as a cog in the works
of its system. Hanne deserves our support and friendship and will be a sweet
friend to those that welcome and encourage her.

So there you have my introduction. Please help me to welcome Hanne.

*Vun Harten willkamen, Hanning!*
*

*P.S.: Being a closer friend, I am allowed to use the Slavic-derived
Northeastern Low Saxon diminutive/endearing suffix *-ing* (< *inka*). This
gives me pleasure, especially when she calls me *Reining*, because my
maternal grandfather used this Mecklenburg *-ing* a lot, though never with
my name, since I was born several years after he was killed during the
carpet bombing of Hamburg.