LL-L "Language varieties" 2009.06.10 (03) [EN]

Wed Jun 10 22:02:20 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 10 June 2009 - Volume 03

From: Diederik Masure <didimasure at hotmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2009.06.10 (01) [DE-NDS]

Roger: Ha! now you got me even more confused;-) so you mean there are no -de
endings, but instead you have -der for unaccented, and instead of -degij
just -t gij when more emphasised?
And about fem./neut., maybe not in your parts of Brabant, but it still
surprises me that young speakers of dialect distinguish between say 'gin
vrouw' and 'gi geld', 'e schoë kind' and 'een schoën vrouw'... the masuline
forms with nen, ne schoënen etc seem to stand pretty strong even in
Verkavelingsvlaams, but here around Antwerp and even in de Kempen the neuter
article 'e' seems to be in use only with older speakers anymore. I am one of
the few young who I know still uses this declension system pretty
regularly:-) but of course i am happy to hear it's stillmore alive your
parts!

Diederik