LL-L "Resources" 2009.06.15 (07) [EN]

Mon Jun 15 20:26:44 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 15 June 2009 - Volume 07

From: Antero Helasvuo <antero.helasvuo at welho.com>
Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2009.06.15 (02) [EN]

Lowlands-L List kirjoitti:

> From: Hellinckx Luc <luc.hellinckx at gmail.com <mailto:
> luc.hellinckx at gmail.com>>
> Subject: LL-L "Resources"
>
> Dear all,
>
> Those of you interested in Antwerp dialect may find this blog interesting:
>
> http://aentwaereps.blogspot.com/

Dear Luc (and everybody),

Thanks a milloin for this great link, especially, because there is a nice
piece about the great poet and performer Wannes van de Velde, whom I had the
honor of knowing in the late sixties. Only recently I learned that he passed
away last November after a long struggle against leukemia. Those who are
interested in his oeuvre and the Antwerp dialect should check out another
site http://www.antwerps.be/  You may not like everything you see and hear
there, but among the gems are songs by Wannes all the way from his earliest
recordings, like the famous "Pieter Breughel in Brussel", up to
"Oorlogsgeleerden", a version of Bob Dylan's "The Masters of War" sung by
Wannes and Roland Van Campenhoud; plus lots of his lyrics. Wannes was a
carrier of his heritage pure and noble and therefore a breaker of barriers
and a gift for the whole mankind.

Hartelijke groet

Antero

--