LL-L "Resources" 2009.06.15 (10) [EN-NDS]

Tue Jun 16 04:59:36 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 15 June 2009 - Volume 10
From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Dear friends,

I wrote yesterday:

Leve Lüüd',
Nu heff ik mien Klaus-Groth-Sieten up Schick bröcht un ähr ook 'n bäten wat
upfladuust. Kiekt jo ähr maal an!

http://lowlands-l.net/groth/

Folks,
I've renovated and redecorated my Klaus Groth presentation. Please take a
look!

http://lowlands-l.net/groth/

People started to visit the renovated site pretty much right away. In the
meantime, the servers went down and stayed down for hours. I apologize for
the inconvenience if you tried to visit this or other Lowlands sites
unsuccessfully.

Now that this and other presentation are accessible again, please visit it6
and give me your opinions if you have any.

Please note the following:

   - The old version of the presentation has been linked to from a number of
   sites and received an increasing number of visitors when I decided to
   renovate it.
   - Many of the pages have sound files, and I plan to add more of those,
   including slow and clear readings of the poems.
   - The Low Saxon versions of the poems have "hover reveal" of German
   glosses. Just place your cursor on any word, and you'll see the German
   equivalent(s).
   - In the left-hand menu, please rest your cursor on any of the poem
   titles/links to reveal the titles of my English translations.
   - I plan to add further poems and songs.
   - I don't claim that this is top world literature. Groth is considered
   the father of the Low Saxon reawakening in Germany, and he inspired many in
   the Netherlands and Belgium as well. He was a true Lowlander. His works
   remain popular at least among seniors in Northern Germany.

Enjoy (if that's the right word)!

Reinhard/Ron
Seattle, USA