LL-L "Administrativia" 2009.06.22 (03) [EN]

Mon Jun 22 23:59:44 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 22 June 2009 - Volume 03
lowlands at lowlands-l.net - http://lowlands-l.net/

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

Sorry I keep bothering you with the ongoing email problems.

I wrote:

In the meantime, a few of the mailings have arrived in my private mailbox.
Others have not yet arrived, but among them is one to which I already
received a response from one of you. So there appears to be some sort of
spotty back-up situation.

This may mean one of two things: (1) the server does not distribute mailings
as it should, especially during the past three days or so, or (2) the
problem has nothing to do with the server but is due to problems in email
transmission.

If 2 is the case I wonder if it has anything to do with the scramble to get
large volumes of messages out of and into Iran, considering problems related
to governmental communication blocks and innovative ways to circumvent them,
considering also the large number (400,00+) Iranian Americans, especially in
Southern California and in other locations here on the American West Coast,
not to mention large numbers of expatriate Iranians in Europe.

In the meantime I (re)established a Lowlands-L email address (
lowlands at lowlands-l.net) and subscribed it as a control. The two mailings I
sent out to the List today were received at this address, not at my Yahoo
address.

This may mean that Yahoo is has been one of the problem, if not
*the*problem. I wonder if those of you that have Yahoo accounts are
having
similar problems. This may well be a problem related to the communication
scramble and all the back-ups to and from Iran. I heard that Yahoo messaging
is one of the prevalent communication methods in this current situation.

It would also help if those of you that have accounts elsewhere told me if
they have noticed gaps in the flow of LL-L mailings.

By the way, please feel free to use <lowlands at lowlands-l.net> as your
administrative contact with the List. In fact, I would prefer this since it
would keep apart postings and administrative matters.

Thanks.

Reinhard/Ron
Seattle, USA