LL-L "Technica" 2009.03.08 (02) [E]

Sun Mar 8 16:01:19 UTC 2009

From: Luc Hellinckx <luc.hellinckx at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Technica"

Beste Ron,

*
* I wonder if this is because it's too easy to be sued in this country. If
you explain the law and publish it, and someone then commits a crime and
says it's because he or she thought it wasn't a crime because of the wording
of your explanation ... Oops! (It can be like that with medical advice as
well.) So I guess the only really safe way is to publish the entirety of the
copyright laws without your own comments, interpretation and explanation.
This is just my hunch.*

Does this mean that a lawyer is a lawyer 24/7 in the US? Is he never allowed
to communicate on law while on a holiday for example?

There are now more than 200 medical applications available for an iPhone
(among which an ECG guide). Do you really mean that Apple could be held
liable for providing a platform for such content? Or would it rather be the
developers that could get sued if an individual misinterprets some result?

Kind greetings,

Luc Hellinckx