LL-L "Music" 2009.03.08 (01) [E/German]

Sun Mar 8 15:54:44 UTC 2009

From: "Jason R. Schantz" <schantzjr at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Music"... Dudelsack

For what it's worth, my gg-grandfather Borgers (b. 1833 Braunschweig, d.
1914 St. Louis) was nicknamed 'Dudelsack'. According to an account written
by his granddaughter in 1910, this was "because he played the accordion all
the time, on the street or anywhere."  Her brother, my grandfather, was in
the St. Louis Plattdeutsch Club until his death in 1974.

----------

From: Paul Finlow-Bates <wolf_thunder51 at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Music" 2009.03.07 (06) [E]

 Given that you could walk or ride from the Atlantic to the Pacific without
getting your (or your horse's) feet wet, the continuity of various cultural
and technological items perhaps isn't too surprising.

OK, you'd possibly starve, freeze, die of thirst or heatstroke, or get
killed by bandits. But you wouldn't have to get your feet wet.

Paul

Derby

England

(Without a plane or a boat, you can't get here without getting your feet
wet)

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Music

Hi, Jason!

Welcome to the podium! Congrats on having stepped up to the mike!

Personally, I am very interested in the history of Low Saxon
("Plattdeutsch") activities outside Europe. So please stand by!

Paul, the Silk Road existed even longer than most people used to think.
Trading tended to be in stages, but some people did make it all the way
across Eurasia, and Marco Polo wasn't the first.

Seattle, USA

----------

From: Hannelore Hinz  <HanneHinz at t-online.de>

Subject: LL-L "Music" 2009.03.07 (04) [E)

Dear Lowlanders,

Hier noch Ergänzungen zum Thema "Dudelsack"):

http://www.absolut-mecklenburg.eu/root/portal/indes.php?site=496&to_print=1

Leider hat man hier nicht das Veranstaltungsjahr genannt. Wahrscheinlich hat
dieses bemerkenswerte  internationale Treffen der Dudelsackspieler in
Schwerin

schon stattgefunden; dennoch anklicken.

Es gibt auch hiesige Spielgruppen, die in alten historischen
Trachten/Gewänder auftreten.

In meinem Bildwörterbuch DUDEN entdeckte ich unter "die Sackpfeife (der
Dudelsack); *ähnl.: *die Musette. Mehr Angaben konnte ich nicht finden.

Auch hier lohnt sich noch das Anklicken: http://www.pipenunlyren.de

Und nicht zu übersehen ist:  http://www.schwerin.de/freilichtmuseum

Beste Grüße.

Hanne