LL-L "Idiomatica" 2009.05.01 (08) [E]

Sat May 2 00:15:25 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 01 May 2009 - Volume 08

From: LUCAS ANNEAR <annear at wisc.edu>
Subject: LL-L "Idiomatica" 2009.05.01 (06) [E]

Luc,

Although I'm American and have thus heard it my entire life, I think of it
as nearing the end of a really good meal that you want to finish but are
having troubles fitting in your stomach ; )  It _is_ work to finish some
meals, even when you want to!
I think it would also be neat to look into the semantics of the phrase "work
on" and also to see how the instances when it is used relate to each other.
 Clearly when we hear the phrase we don't think of any bad connotations
regarding the word "work", or think of what we're doing as something that we
don't want to do.

-Luke
Madison, Wisconsin, USA