LL-L "Administrativia" 2009.05.03 (07) [EN]

Mon May 4 03:05:24 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 03 May 2009 - Volume 07

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativia

Folks,

I have decided to bring our language coding in line with the ISO standard.

This is to indicate languages *used *within a LL-L issue, not to indicate
the languages *discussed**.*

Below please find two lists: one sorted by language names and one sorted by
codes.

The lists can be found here as well: http://lowlands-l.net/codes.php

Entries in blue/mauve rows have no ISO codes and have been made up for
Lowlands-L purposes.

Should a language be used that is now listed here we will add its code to
this list. (*Any* language may be used at Lowlands-L.)

Languages in *bold* font are those that we consider “Lowlands languages” or
groups of Lowlands language varieties.

   *Language*

*Code*

*Afrikaans*

*AF*

Alemannic (Alemannisch)

ALM

*Brabantish* (Brabants)

*BRB*

Chinese (中文, 漢語, 汉语)

ZH

Danish (Dansk)

DA

*Dutch* (Nederlands)

*NL*

*English*

*EN*

Estonian (Eesti)

ET

Finnish (Suomi)

FI

*Flemish* (Vlams)

*VL*

French (Français)

FR

*Frisian, Eastern *(Seeltersk)

*FRR*

*Frisian, Northern* (Noordfrasch)

*FRS*

*Frisian, Western *(Westerlauwersk Frysk)

*FY*

German (Deutsch)

DE

Italian (Italiano)

IT

Japanese (日本語)

JA

Latin (Latina)

LA

*Limburgish* (Limburgs)

*LI*

*Low Saxon; Low German* (Neddersassisch, Nedderdüütsch)

*NDS*

Luxembourgish (Lëtzebuergesch)

LB

*Neo-Melanesian, Tok Pisin*

*TPI*

*Northumbrian*

*NTH*

Norwegian Bokmål (Norsk, Bokmål)

NB

Norwegian Nynorsk (Nynorsk)

NN

Polish (Polski)

PL

Portuguese (Português)

PT

Russian (Русский)

RU

*Scots*

*SCO*

*Shetlandic* (Shaetlan)

*SHL*

Spanish; Castilian (Español, Castellano)

ES

Swedish (Svenska)

SV

Turkish (Türkçe)

[...]