LL-L "Holidays" 2009.05.05 (05) [EN]

Tue May 5 21:49:11 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 05 May 2009 - Volume 05

From: Brooks, Mark <mark.brooks at twc.state.tx.us>
Subject: LL-L "Holidays" 2009.05.05 (03) [EN]

Mike wrote:  “still being able to rent a (beat-up) old VW bug JUST LIKE the
one you learned to drive on (in my case, my elder brother's) all those years
ago ... ahhh, nostalgia!”

Yeah, like the time I rented a VW bug in Monterrey, NL, MX after not having
driven a stick shift for many years.  The local Regiomontanos didn’t seem
impressed with my driving skills.  Hey, I didn’t see that one-way sign back
there!  Lemme tell ya, turning a VW bug around in the middle of a busy
multi-lane street doesn’t come easy.

Or, how about the time I rented a stick-shift Tracker in Acapulco (again
after not having driven one for a long time), and mortified my 16 year-old
daughter by stalling it several times in a row on a hill in heavy traffic.
Ahhh, nostalgia, indeed!
Mark Brooks