LL-L "Events" 2009.05.10 (02) [EN]

Sun May 10 16:14:26 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 10 May 2009 - Volume 02

From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
Subject: LL-L "Events" 2009.05.01 (05) [E]

> From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
> Subject: LL-L Events
 > .... After a lunch break with "boterhammen met plattekeis" they will
offer clothes of *Pierke Pierlala* to the Brussels *Manneke Pis* and dress
our poor guy. This will happen at the monument at *3 pm*.

I went there Saturday afternoon.
It was close to 4pm when things started.
The clothes our guy had on before:
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/mp/01.jpg
The change:into *Pierke Pierlala's (Burlala's)* clothes
Our little guy obviously stopped his work for that
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/mp/02.jpg
Covered with the flag of Brussels town, before the official "opening"
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/mp/03.jpg

Just after the opening:
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/mp/04.jpg
  In the middle just below our guy, one recognises *the burgomaster of
Brussels*
  http://www.brussel.be/artdet.cfm?id=4139
  left of him on the picture: *Toone VII of the Brussels marionet theatre
Toone*, with Woltje, representing the Brussels ketje
  http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/mp/06.jpg
  http://www.toone.be   -> Historical   -> Toone vii
  right of him on the picture *Pierke Pierlala of Ghent (played by Luk De
Bruyker)*

*The group of Ghent:*
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/mp/05.jpg
Theater Taptoe
http://en.vti.be/factsheets/theater_taptoe/index.html
http://www.vti.be/?q=node/7988
Luk De Bruyker
http://www.vti.be/node/4256
Qualities for becoming Ghent citizen, including correct pronounciation (*in
Ghent dialect*)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgMuFVmqtNg&feature=related
other:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpDbALybWnA&feature=related
creation of the "Julien's gin" (Bellemanjenever):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi9USqkNG6U&feature=related

Since tourist obstruct the space needed for the officials,
for creating space they let our guy spray full force into the middle of the
street:
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/mp/07.jpg
and they have a second movable gay, who can spray as well, and is moved in
action against people trespassing the reserved space.
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/mp/08.jpg
For me the damage was limited to wet shoes.

And this is the result (for a while):
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/mp/09.jpg

Chent is using the opportunity for making publicity for the annual "Gentse
Feesten" in July.
http://www.gentsefeesten.be

Since things started one hour late, I toke pictures of some traditional
delectables.
I will post that separately.

Regards,
Roger
(PS my camera is off set for one day, so the dates on the pictures are
incorrect)