LL-L "Member' news" 2009.11.07 (04) [EN]

Sat Nov 7 21:29:09 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 07 November 2009- Volume 04

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
 Subject: Members' news

Dear Lowlanders,

I wrote:

> So here's a nice piece of news about our member Hannelore Hinz (
> http://lowlands-l.net/hanne/).
 >
> Would you believe that Hanne of ours just received the first prize in the
> 2009 *Nordkurier *Low Saxon literature competition? (In my case the answer
> is clearly "Yes!")
>
> I have added to Hanne's website the news with links:
>
> Plattdüütsch: http://lowlands-l.net/hanne/nds/ihrn.php
 > Hochdeutsch: http://lowlands-l.net/hanne/de/ehren.php
 > English: http://lowlands-l.net/hanne/en/honors.php

In the meantime the newspaper changed the URL of the online article. So I
had to change that at Hanne's website.

While I was at it, I added a picture taken with Hanne's camera. To see it,
please scroll down on the pages linked to above.

Also, I added a link to a video report about the award ceremony. Yes, there
are snippets of our Hanne receiving her prize and talking in German and Low
Saxon! Again, please scroll down on the pages linked to above to find the
link to the video.

By the way, one of the two junior prize winners is only 12 years old! The
other one, who speaks in the video, is 16 years old. All but one of the
winners (the 22 year old fellow who received the 2nd prize and comes
from Münster
in the Westphalian "far" west) are from what used to be East Germany.

Enjoy!

Seattle, USA