LL-L "Members' news" 2009.11.08 (04) [EN]

Sun Nov 8 19:42:01 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 08 November 2009- Volume 04

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
 Subject: Members' news

Dear Lowlanders,

A couple of days ago I reported about our Hannelore Hinz receiving the first
prize of the 2009 *Nordkurier* Low Saxon literature competition.

In the meantime, the *Nordkurier* ("Northern Courier" or "Courier of the
North", http://www.nordkurier.de/) posted videos of the winners presenting
their submitted works (under "Videos"), and I have linked to the video of
Hanne's presentation.

Plattdüütsch: http://lowlands-l.net/hanne/nds/ihrn.php
Hochdeutsch: http://lowlands-l.net/hanne/de/ehren.php
English: http://lowlands-l.net/hanne/en/honors.php

(Please scroll down to find the link. The *Nordkurier* webmaster keeps
shifting stuff around. So please let me know if any of the video links no
longer work.)

Hanne's poem *Poppen-Slaapleed* ("Doll's Lullaby") is about a little girl
confiding in her doll Kathrin her fear and pain and her feeling of
abandonment as her family, trying to survive on Hartz-IV-plan long-term
social security benefits, is falling apart amid frustration and domestic
violence.

Hanne (hannehinz at t-online.de) tells me that she is grateful for and quite
dazzled by all the attention, including lots of congratulatory e-mail
messages.

Seattle, USA