LL-L "Etymology" 2009.11.27 (02) [EN]

Fri Nov 27 17:53:31 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 27 November 2009 - Volume 02

From: clarkedavid8 at aol.com
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2009.11.26 (02) [EN

 think if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it up to a
mirror, you'll see exactly why this letter was chosen to represent the
constant!

Does anybody know of any similar derivations for well-known terms?  :)

Sandy Fleming
http://scotstext.org/

Apparently the Latin name Ulysses came from a Roman misreading of the Greek
letters spelling Odysseus (probably on a pot).

David Clarke