LL-L "Names" 2009.09.04 (02) [EN]

Fri Sep 4 14:51:17 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 04 September 2009 - Volume 02
lowlands at lowlands-l.net - http://lowlands-l.net/

From: heatherrendall at tiscali.co.uk <heatherrendall at tiscali.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Names" 2009.09.03 (08) [EN-NL]

from Heather Rendall  heatherrendall at tiscali.co.uk

re all replies so far ( incl Roland's which I hope I have understood the
majority of!)

There is just a chance you are all right!

A neighbouring small estate was known as Hyde, perhaps from the measurement
'hide'. The owners appear as witnesses on documents and sign themselves De
la Hyde

This estate was bought up by the owners of 'Rugge/Ridge' and the spelling of
the estate went from 'Ruggehall' 'Ruggehale' or  even 'Regial' to
'Richalhide'
If that was a name combination that was familiar to them, then it would be
an easy step to choose it or create it....... perhaps.

with grateful thanks for all contributions . Keep them coming!

Heather
Worcester UK